WE ARE READY – TO BE THERE FOR YOU!
Family and divorce law, by definition, touches on everything that is precious – children, parents, siblings, grandparents, businesses, jobs, professional bonds, personal relationships, retirement plans, bank accounts, present and future financial security, and of course…dreams.
Add to all that an inability to see your future.
And then add the intimidating proposition of hiring a lawyer to be your spokesperson, hoping he/she will speak successfully on your behalf.
It is no wonder that this is a most delicate and unparalleled area of law.
This is true – however your family is defined, whether by marriage, cohabitation, shared children, or civil union.
We work with families of ALL sorts, believing that divorce laws and family laws should be applied without stereotype. We help individuals regardless of their gender, gender identity, race, faith, or education.
NEW ENDINGS BRING ABOUT NEW BEGINNINGS
For each person experiencing the dismantling changes of divorce or separation, you deserve a lawyer who will bolster and give voice to you. We will work diligently to help you find and establish new foundations.
WE KNOW. WE UNDERSTAND
As experienced family law and divorce law attorneys, we recognize our job is to holistically grasp your experience. We believe the way we help you best is to get to know you and your end goals. That is our first step, asking you where you want to “end up.” We then implement your end goals as ours. And we zealously pursue those by keeping educated on the law and innovating creative strategies that will strive for those results.
Frequently, the plethora of emotions that accompany divorce or separation, cloud a person’s ability to “see” the next best steps. So often, we hear our divorce and family law clients ask us to help protect them against themselves. They look to us to make sure they don’t fight just to fight. They equally look to us to not give in when it would be contrary to their best interests. We combine our litigation and mediation skills to meet both of these objectives.
We want our clients to understand the law, and to make knowledgeable decisions. We want them to feel reassured and confident.
To help them get there, we explain the family and divorce laws in plain English, educating them on:
- Parental Responsibilities, Formally known as Custody (discussing shared, sole, and lead decision-making)
- Parent-child Schedules (including weekly time, school breaks, holidays, special events, rights of first refusal, sharing of transportation, to illustrate)
- Psychological Evaluations (Also referred to as 604.10 evaluations, conducted by therapeutic professionals)
- Domestic Violence / Orders of Protection/ No Contact Orders (Addressing the varying forms of abuse, including financial, emotional, psychological, and physical)
- Child Support (now inclusive of shared income calculations)
- Spousal Support, Also Referred to as Maintenance, Formally Alimony
- Division of Assets (Real estate, Personal items, Bank Accounts, Retirement Accounts, to name a few)
- Allocation of Debt (Credit card, Mortgages, Personal and Student loans, for example)
- Tax Consequences
- Complex valuation issues (Business interests, Family business interests, Real estate, Equipment, Property of significance, Pension and Retirement Accounts)
- The Calculation and / or Imputation of Income (a method of asking the judge to attribute a higher level of income to someone who may be underachieving)
- The identification and distribution of non-marital contributions